Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The lives of the kidless are relatively routine and quiet.

We don't get calls from the kids, and we don't have kids to worry about and enjoy.

So we focus on other things.

Like work.

Last night, we worked and played on the computer at the office until about 11 p.m. I was surfing the net, looking for ways to build traffic to our www.businessword.com web site, where I blog on marketing and business and we sell subscriptions to our newsletter, Financial Advertising Review.

Like many others, I can become glued to my chair in front of a computer and forget about time.

My wife, who is president of The Business Word and a hard worker, was on the other side of our office (we've always shared an office), mostly playing. She was planning a trip back to the Midwest, where she wants to visit her aunt in a nursing home and I want to visit my Dad.

So even though we don't have kids, we have relatives that we're caring for and concerned about. Will spend a week driving around Illinois and Michigan and enjoying Chicago, where we lived for many years.

I don't know about other childless and petless couples, but we feel a great freedom to come and go as we please, although we usually come home from work at the same timeā€”in our own cars. We're not tied to baby sitting responsibilities nor do we have to walk the dog or feed the cat.

Yesterday was a little more intense than usual. We both worked the equivalant of 17 hours, but we pace ourselves with distractions between bouts of concentration on business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home